Associate Professor in Accounting
Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 2007
Areas of Expertise
- Capital market research in accounting
- Debt contracting
- Information intermediaries
- Economic effects of financial reporting
ACCT 451/551 Finanical Statement Analysis
- “Did Information Intermediaries See the Banking Crisis Coming from Leading Indicators in Banks’ Financial Statements?” with H. Desai and S. Rajgopal, Contemporary Accounting Research 33 (2): 576-606, Summer 2016.
- “Bank Loan Spread and Private Information: Pending Approval Patents,” with M. Plumlee, Y. Xie, and M. Yan. Review of Accounting Studies 20 (2): 593-638 (Lead Article), June 2015.
- "The Spillover Effect of Fraudulent Financial Reporting on Peer Firms’ Investment Efficiency,” with A. Beatty and S. Liao. Journal of Accounting and Economics 55 (2-3): 183-205, April-May 2013.
- “Short Arbitrage, Return Asymmetry and the Accrual Anomaly,” with D. Hirshleifer and S. Teoh. Review of Financial Studies 24 (7): 2429-2461, July 2011.
- “Conservatism and Debt,”with A. Beatty and J. Weber, Journal of Accounting and Economics 45 (2-3): 154-174 (Lead Article), August 2008.
- “Information Asymmetry in International Acquisitions: the Role of Information Institutions,” with Q. Zhou and J. Anand. Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings: 1-6, 2007.
Awards and Research Grants
- Pace Setters Research Award, Fisher College of Business, 2007
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Doctoral Case Competition National Winner, 2006
- CIBER Global Competence Research Grant Winner (2004, 2005 and 2006)