Assistant Professor of Accounting
Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 2012
MAcc, The Ohio State University, 2007
Accounting, Summa Cum Laude, York University (Toronto, Canada), 2006
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Disclosure
- Debt Contracting
- Textual Analysis
ACCT 400C, Intermediate Financial Accounting
ACCT 400E, Intermediate Accounting for Business Administration Majors
Published and Accepted Papers
- The Commitment Effect versus Information Effect of Disclosure - Evidence from Smaller Reporting Companies (with Scott Liao and Helen Zhang). The Accounting Review, Vol. 88, No. 4, 2013. Pp. 1289-1325.
- Organized Labor and Debt Contracting: Firm-level Evidence from Collective Bargaining (Dissertation). The Accounting Review, Forthcoming.
- Soft Information in Loan Agreements (with Zahn Bozanic and Tzachi Zach) Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, Forthcoming.
- 2016 JAAF Conference Paper
Awards and Honors
- The Pace Setter Award for Ph.D. Students, The Ohio State University, 2012
- AAA/Deloitte/J. Michael Cook Doctoral Consortium Fellow, 2011
- Graduate Associate Teaching Award Nominee, The Ohio State University, 2011
- University Fellowship, The Ohio State University, 2007
- Summa Cum Laude, York University, 2006